Explore the connections between your thought, movement, and imagination and melt stubborn creative blocks.
Bypass anxiety and discover ease in all stages of writing, including rewriting.
Leave with specific guidelines and products to integrate the practice into your writing life.
What is Sense Writing?
Sense Writing is a ground-breaking approach to creative writing for writers and non-writers. Learn to work with your body and nervous system to uncover richer processes of artistic discovery and get to the core of your craft.
Sense Writing has been taught at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, Kripalu Retreat and New York's Open Center. Start with Sense Writing I: Memory, Life Stories, and Fiction, and continue with Sense Writing II & III.
Park Slope, Brooklyn
Sense Writing I: Memory, Life Stories, and Fiction
Two-Day Workshop February 24 & 25
For everyone. Sense Writing I is a prerequisite for all other workshops. For writers of all levels and genres.
In a supportive environment that integrates accessible physical and writing exercises, you will learn to calm your nervous system, find lightness in your body, and mine your imagination, all while connecting to the core of your craft. Sense Writing frees you from the thoughts you think you “should” be thinking so you learn to create without anxiety.
- Work with the nervous system to interrupt body and language patterns that inhibit writing
- Find pleasure in all the stages of writing
- Refine your craft
- Complete two pieces of memoir and/or fiction.
Includes written feedback of your work by Madelyn.
How to Registration
Sense Writing I: $300
- A $100 deposit reserves your spot in each class. Pay by PayPal below or request an invoice payable by any credit card by contacting Madelyn.
- All workshop fees include a Sense Writing Training© recording designed to help you continue your practice at home.
Sense Writing II & III Workshops Resume in Spring, 2018