Re-imagine writing as a sensual and intellectual process to unlock your voice.
All workshops are now full. Email Madelyn@sensewriting.org to be notified of September workshops in NYC.
Explore the connections between your thought, movement, and imagination and melt stubborn creative blocks.
Bypass your anxiety and discover ease in all stages of writing, including rewriting.
Leave with specific guidelines and products to integrate the practice into your writing life!
What is Sense Writing?
Sense Writing is a ground-breaking approach to creative writing that works with training your brain to find your intrinsic capacity for creative flow. Combining accessible writing and movement sequences, Sense Writing has helped hundreds of non-writers and writers melt stubborn blocks.
Organized in three levels, Sense Writing starts with Sense Writing I: Memory, Life Stories, and Fiction, and continues with Sense Writing II & III. And now, when you sign up for any Sense Writing workshop, you receive an exclusive Sense Writing Training© recording, so you can bring the practice home!
What the Sense Writing Community is Saying
Sense Writing I: Memory, Life Stories, and Fiction
A 2-day Writing Workshop May 13 & 14
(Last Workshop in NYC until September)
For everyone. Sense Writing I is a prerequisite for all other workshops.
In a supportive environment that integrates accessible physical and writing exercises, you will learn to calm your nervous system, find lightness in your body, and mine your imagination, all while connecting to the core of your craft. Sense Writing frees you from the thoughts you think you “should” be thinking so you learn to create without anxiety.
- Work with the nervous system to interrupt body and language patterns that inhibit writing
- Find pleasure in all the stages of writing
- Refine your craft
- Complete two pieces of memoir and/or fiction.
Includes written feedback of your work by Madelyn.
Saturday and Sunday, May 13 & 14, 12:30-5:00
Location: Studio at Yogasana, 118 3rd Ave, Park Slope, Brooklyn
Sense Writing II: Making Connections
A 2-day Immersion May 6 & 7
Open to those who have taken Sense Writing I.
In this workshop, you will learn how to sustain larger pieces-- without struggle. By working deeply with the first two principles of Sense Writing:
- Learn to listen to and expand your own writing by uncovering connections within your work
- Identify and develop the inherent elements of craft that are forming within your writing
- Clarify your creative goals and work towards them effectively and with ease in and out of the classroom.
Writers will complete 2-3 stories of non-fiction, fiction, or both. If they haven't yet, by the end of Sense Writing II, participants will have landed on a specific project. This class prepares students for Sense Writing III: The Workshop, where writers will be working toward a larger piece (a novel, collection of stories, play, or screenplay) in their chosen genre.
Dates: Saturday and Sunday, May 6 & 7, 12:00-5:30
Location: Park Slope, Brooklyn
- Sense Writing I: $280
- Sense Writing II: $330.
- Deposit is required to reserve your spot. Deposits are non-refundable, but never expire, which means you can cancel before the first class and use the deposit the next time the workshop is offered.
- All workshop fees include a Sense Writing Training© recording.
- Pay by PayPal below or contact Madelyn to request an invoice payable by any credit card.